In this week’s news roundup both Horde and Alliance must heed the call to the Ahn’ Qiraj War Effort, and more details emerge about World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight in a series of interviews across the community, and a new strategy game designed from the ground up for mobile is revealed.
Read on for more details and links to the latest news and announcements.
World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight Expansion
If you missed the expansion reveal, make your way to the World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal article to learn details about the upcoming adventures that the heroes of Azeroth will face next.
And, for a dragons-eye view check out these interviews of World of Warcraft devs from members of the community (English only):
- TruVillianManny from Warcraft Radio sits with Steve Danuser to talk about the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.
- Scott Johnson dives deeper into the Dracthyr backstory with Jeremy Feasel.
- HazelNuttyGames asks Ion Hazzikostas about Dragonriding, Player Housing, and Professions.
- Listen in on the Dragonflight developer roundtable with Steve Danuser and Ion Hazzikostas hosted by Taliesin and Evitel on Twitter Spaces.
- MrGM talks Dracthyr Evokers, class and race combos, and more with Brian Holinka.
- Asmongold talks with Ion Hazzikostas about all things Dragonflight, including PvP, raiding, and more.
- DesMephisto asks all about cinematics with Terran Gregory and Marc Messenger.
- And, in case you missed it earlier, Bajheera interviewed Brian Holinka to learn more about what is in store for PvP. Afterward, Holinka answered several follow-up questions for the WoW Community Council.
Visit the official site to learn more and sign up for the upcoming beta.
WoW Classic News and Development
Face the Fury of the Sunwell Beginning the Week of May 10!
Fresh from his defeat in Outland, Kael'thas Sunstrider returned to the blood elf city of Silvermoon. Rather than lead his people to glory as he had promised, the disgraced prince betrayed them. Kael'thas plots to use the legendary Sunwell, source of the blood elves' magical power, to summon the demon lord Kil'jaeden into Azeroth. It is up to you to stop him.
Learn more about the next content update for Burning Crusade Classic, Fury of the Sunwell.
Season of Mastery: The Ahn’Qiraj War Effort Is Now Live!
The Ahn’Qiraj War Effort has begun and both factions must heed the call. Any hero brave enough to undertake the epic quest to become a Scarab Lord can start their journey. Learn more about what is new in the Season of Mastery.
Return to the Icy Realm of Northrend
Later this year, you will again get to explore bone-chilling lands, storm Icecrown Citadel, and halt the Lich King’s baleful efforts. Only the most stalwart can challenge the Lich King and end his reign of terror in this rerelease of the 2008 expansion. Check out the overview for more details, and don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming beta.
In case you missed it, check out this interview (English only):
Learn more about the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please remember that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied. Check back often for updates.
Arena World Championship
Tune in on May 28 at 10:00 a.m. PDT for the AWC Circuit Shadowlands Season 3 – Week 1.
Mythic Dungeon International
Catch MDI Season 3 on YouTube as teams compete for $30,000 in prizing each weekend. The top two teams from each group will advance to the MDI GLOBAL FINALS! Everything you need to know can be found in the Viewer’s Guide.
Stay connected by following WoW Esports on Twitter
and subscribing to the Warcraft YouTube
Hot off the Presses!
Warcraft® Arclight Rumble™ Revealed!
Grab your Miniatures, put them on the battlefield, and GET READY TO RUMBLE in the first Warcraft® action-packed strategy game designed from the ground up for mobile!
Check out the Warcraft Arclight Rumble Revealed and the Gameplay Overview articles for a look at the new lighthearted and whimsical game where you’re in command.
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- Darkmoon Faire
- The Darkmoon Faire ends this weekend, don’t forget to spend your hard-won Darkmoon Prize Tickets on sought-after items.
- Children’s Week
- There’s still time to give back to the children of Azeroth during Children’s Week! Take an orphan under your wing and show them the wonders of the world.
- PvP Brawl: Shado-Pan Showdown
- Step into Tiger’s Peak Arena and get ready for the Shado-Pan Showdown. You’ll race for control of a center control point to activate one of two bosses. The first to kill the other team’s boss wins!
- Weekly Bonus Event: Burning Crusade Timewalking
- Head to Outland to face Illidan and his cohorts once more in The Black Temple! Take on this challenge with your guild or a group of friends, or head to Group Finder then to Premade Groups. The raid scales for your group size (between 10–30 players) and your level and gear will be scaled back to match the raid’s challenges.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- Spring Balloon Festival
- Hop into a hot air balloon, enjoy the scenery, and make new friends.
- Pet Battle Bonus Event
- Pets gain experience at triple the usual rate, so get out there and battle!
- PvP Brawl: Warsong Scramble
- Warsong Gulch has always been the scene of an epic capture-the-flag battle. We’ve also added a few more power-ups to the field to stir things up a bit. To win, your team will need to be the first to capture 10 flags.
Beginning the Week of May 16:
- Torghast: Chorus of Dead Souls
- Dead souls swarm within Torghast, Tower of the Damned. Assume the form of a Deadsoul Chorus, granting special abilities, additional damage, healing, and movement.
- Weekly Bonus Event: Arena Skirmishes
- Sharpen your swords and reinforce your boards, because you’re called to the PvP Arena for the hectic mayhem of Skirmishes.
- PvP Brawl: Cooking Impossible
- Nomi is hosting a Pandaren Chili Cookoff in the Valley of the Four Winds between the Alliance and the Horde! The first to bring Nomi all of the required ingredients wins.
Be sure to check your in-game calendar for a list of current and upcoming in-game events' start times!
We can’t wait to share more about exciting World of Warcraft experiences—keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com for the latest news and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.