Embark on a treacherous journey through the wintry forests and snowy peaks of Northrend once more. Confront the Lich King on his Frozen Throne and push back the Scourge before Azeroth is overrun by his undead minions.
Rediscover the joys of exploration and relive the dangers of Northrend when World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ goes live beginning September 26 at 23:00 BST globally.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, sits in the ominous Icecrown Citadel scheming to claim the world as his own—a plan that threatens all life on Azeroth. Heroes of the Alliance and Horde must stand against the malevolent being who dares to declare himself the one true king of Azeroth...and seeks to scour all life from the world.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ will thrill both veterans and newcomers with a host of improved features and content to explore:
- The Grim Frozen North – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend—Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord—and adventure through some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights—World of Warcraft’s first hero class—harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one per server and require a level 55 character on that server to create, in Wrath Classic, we will be bypassing that requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New Profession—Inscription – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities (cooldowns, damage, etc.), and craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids – Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas as a 25- or 10-player raid—an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
- Included With Existing World of Warcraft Subscriptions – As with previous WoW Classic releases, anyone who subscribes to World of Warcraft can also play Wrath of the Lich King Classic at no additional cost.
Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Ahead in Burning Crusade Classic
The road ahead is icy and fraught with danger. To help you prepare for your adventures in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, players in Burning Crusade Classic will get an experience buff* called “Joyous Journeys,” which will increase experience gains by 50%! It’s a great time to finish leveling a character, create a new one, or invite friends to join you in your adventures.
Players can also visit any innkeeper in a capital city to turn the experience buff off or on. The journey won’t last forever and will end with the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
We’re excited to be able to bring this classic adventure to you, so don’t forget to sign up for the beta. For the latest information and updates, keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you in Northrend!
*Experience buff not available in modern World of Warcraft®.