The icy winds of Northrend have begun their mournful wail, warning the heroes of Azeroth of the imminent danger the Lich King and his undead Scourge present to all life. Gather your allies, stock up on supplies, and prepare to face the threat ahead.
With the release of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch, players can create their first Death Knight Hero class, take up the way of the scribe with the new Inscription Profession, and experience a host of new system updates.
Players in Burning Crusade Classic will get the Joyous Journeys buff to help prepare for Wrath of the Lich King Classic. This buff will increase your experience gains by 50%!
The Road Ahead
To set you on the path to success, we’ve laid out the roadmap of the events ahead.
- August 31
- Pre-patch Begins: Wrath of the Lich King Pre-patch Launches and Fresh Start Realms go live during regional maintenance.
- September 6–13
- Zombie Plague Event: A mysterious affliction begins to make its way through the capital cities. Players must be vigilant to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects.
- September 13 – Launch
- Scourge Invasion Event: In several locations throughout Azeroth, players must coordinate a defensive stand against the attacking Necropolis and defeat Scourge forces to gain powerful rewards.
- September 20–October 6
- Brewfest Begins: Do you love eating delicious fair food, drinking bountiful beverages, and riding rams around barrels of apples? Partake in activities and timed events to earn Brewfest souvenirs and achievements during this brewtiful holiday event.
- September 26
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launches: At 11:00 p.m BST, Wrath of the Lich King Classic will launch, and players are welcome to log in.
- October 4 and 5
- Arena Season 5 Begins: Season 5 will begin with the weekly reset.
- October 6
- Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, and The Obsidian Sanctum are Available at 11:00 p.m BST
- Naxxramas, the giant Necropolis and the seat of the dreaded lich Kel’Thuzad, floats over Wintergarde Keep in Dragonblight, eager to aid the Lich King and his deadly machinations.
- Located in the center of Coldarra, the Eye of Eternity will challenge players to defeat the blue dragon aspect, Malygos.
- Dragonblight is home to the Obsidian Sanctum where players must venture below Wyrmrest Temple to bring an end to Sartharion and his lieutenants, Shadron, Tenebron, and Vesperon.
Stay tuned to the official World of Warcraft site to learn more in the weeks ahead. We look forward to meeting you once more in Northrend.