Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently-released World of Warcraft Pre-expansion Patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
Additional information about the patch could be found below.
- Heroic Leap, Grappling Hook, Infernal Strike, and Metamorphosis will now work more consistently, especially going up hills.
- Fixed a bug that caused movements such as Roll or Fel Rush to sometimes stop before reaching their intended distance.
- Darkness is now only available to Havoc Demon Hunters.
- Demon Hunters are now able to gain reputation with Netherwing, The Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpent, Shado-Pan Assault, and Emperor Shaohao.
- Demon Hunters can now see and purchase PvP mounts from vendors and can get mount drops in Pandaria.
- The Ashran Portal in Stormwind and Orgimmar will now allow Demon Hunters to go directly to Stormshield or Warspear, regardless of whether or not they have completed the Tanaan Jungle intro quests.
- Dire Beast is a bit less noisy.
- Paladins can now use Divine Steed while carrying a flag in battlegrounds.
- [Retribution] Shield of Vengeance is no longer on the global cooldown.
- [Retribution] Hand of Hindrance’s mana cost is reduced to 13% of base mana (was 27%).
- [Retribution] Fist of Justice now reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 8 seconds when Word of Glory is cast.
- Shadowstrike range has been reduced to 15 yards (was 25 yards).
Dungeons and Raids
- Players are no longer immediately instance locked when logging into an instance. A warning prompt now occurs when logging back in, offering the option of saving to or leaving the instance.
- Invasions should now provide XP on stage completion to characters under max level.
- While an invasion zone is active, the Spirit Healers near major towns will offer resurrections at timed intervals.
- Restoration Druids, Balance Druids, and Mistweaver Monks should now be able to receive the Felshroud Vest from Legion Invasion Crates.
- Barracks leaders and their command crystals should now also drop Nethershards.
- When set to assist, players’ pets will now attack all targets that have been damaged by the player, rather than only the player’s current target.
- The chance to hit with Fel Rush has been aligned with the enemy’s full hitbox, rather than the center of the enemy.
- Players that disconnect during the starting experience quest “Breaking Out” do not need to abandon and reaccept the quest in order to continue.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Demon Hunters from using Heart of the Nightwing and the Obsidian Nightwing mount.
- Casting Surrender to Madness while in Proving Grounds no longer kills you.
- Wild Imps should now properly trigger damage from Greater Blessing of Might.
- When Unstable Affliction is dispelled, it now deals 120% of the remaining spell damage (was 200%).
- Thunder Clap will now more reliably hit targets near the edge of its radius.
Dungeons and Raids
- Increased the health of many low-level Classic dungeon enemies.
- Fixed a bug that hid the entrance portal to Zul’Gurub in rare cases.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some zones that were marked for invasion from beginning the invasion as expected.
- Demon invasion final world bosses now do moderately less damage to players.
- Nethershards can now be found on the remains of the Reconstructed Fel Reaper 5000 and Dread Commander Nath'razel.
- Mounted players will now properly see dialogue during Legion invasions.
- Turn Ally no longer works on a player that is already under the effects of Give in to Darkness.
- Fixed a bug that caused the time remaining for some invasions to display an incorrect value.
- Players who received the Sargerei Disguise and destroyed it should have the toy added to their collection.
- During "A Lingering Suspicion", the quest item Loathsome Remnant should always drop, regardless of how quickly Tormented Souls or Tormented Citizens are killed.
- A new Alliance graveyard has been added in Azshara near to the Illidari anti-invasion camp.
- Horde Demon Hunters should now be able to open the Dungeon Journal after completing the quest Audience with the Warchief.
- Newly-created Demon Hunters should be able to be deleted despite having unread mail.
- Stampede should now consistently work against other players.
- Ice Floes will not be consumed by spells that are made instant by Hot Streak or Presence of Mind.
- Flamestrike does not consume Hot Streak when Hot Streak is gained during the cast of Flamestrike.
- Powerful Legion Commanders in Legion Invasions may now drop Nethershards; the number of Nethershards awarded upon completion of individual Stages has been slightly reduced to compensate.
- Non-Demon Hunters will no longer receive Demon Hunter Glaives from Legion chests.
- Glaive weapons can now be enchanted by players.
- Illidari Darkdealers should be selling their goods to Horde player-characters.
- Players should no longer see duplicated conversation between NPCs during the quest "The Fallen Lion".
- The Dalaran (Northrend) cooking daily quest should once again randomize properly.
- (Work in progress) Players should be able to promote other players to the Guild Master rank via right-click in the guild roster.
- (Work in progress) You can again successfully search for robes in the Auction House.
- Sudden Doom’s chance to activate is now increased by melee attack speed (was Haste).
- Hunter pets now retain their selected specialization when dismissed and summoned.
- Brain Freeze now gives your Frostbolt a 15% chance to empower your next Flurry (was 10%).
- When Guardian Spirit expires without saving the target from death, Guardian Angel now reduces its remaining cooldown to 90 seconds (was 120 seconds).
- The amount of healing done by Shadow Covenant has been slightly increased.
- Exsanguinate now causes bleeds to tick 100% faster, down from 400% faster.
- Run Through’s damage has been increased by 25%.
- Between the Eyes damage has been increased by 18%.
- Jolly Roger causes Saber Slash to have an additional 25% chance of striking an additional time (was 40%).
- Buried Treasure increases your base Energy regeneration by 25% (was 40%).
- Shark Infested Waters increases Critical Strike Chance by 25% (was 40%).
- Grand Melee increases your attack speed by 50% and your Leech by 25% (was 40% and 20%).
- Slice and Dice now increases attack speed by 100% (was 90%).
- Unleash Life now heals a friendly target for 325% of Spell Power (was 250%).
- Phantom Singularity now only hits enemies within line of sight of it.
- Increased Slam’s damage by up to 12%.
Dungeons and Raids
- Dragon Soul
- Players who die and release in the Spine of Deathwing encounter should again be able to rejoin the encounter.
- The on-equip spell for the trinket Discordant Chorus should only be activated by melee attacks, as intended.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some NPCs to disappear on transports.
- The Antechamber Guardian will now spawn correctly during the quest "What Lies Within".
- “Moat Monster!” can again be completed properly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some transports to get stuck mid-route.
- Tarlna the Ageless and Drov the Ruiner should again spawn as expected.
- Casting Disengage no longer causes your character to stop auto-attacking.
- Renewing Mist can no longer activate Uplifting Trance until Vivify is learned.
- The cooldown for Rising Sun Kick is now halved when it is cast before using Serenity.
- Rain of Fire will continue to deal damage if the Warlock is silenced, feared, or stunned.
Dungeons and Raids
- Blackrock Foundry
- Corrected an issue that would cause Hans'gar and Franzok to reset when a player outside the encounter area was targeted by Body Slam.
- Fel Rangari Anaara in Tanaan Jungle no longer casts the ability Blessing of the Fallen Kings.
- The quest “The Lord of the Blackrock” again takes place in the expected location, and is properly marked on the World Map and minimap.
- The Antechamber Guardian again spawns as expected when the quest “What Lies Within” is accepted.
- The Moat Monster Feeding Kit has been repaired so that players can again complete the quest “Moat Monster!”.
- Haste gems that were previously Multistrike gems now have new icons in order to differentiate them from other Haste gems.
- The Unholy specialization no longer includes Death’s Advance.
- Wraith Walk’s cooldown has been reduced from 60 to 45 seconds, which is reduced to 30 seconds by Lingering Apparition.
- Ice Nova is no longer freezing the animations of NPC and player characters.
- Jade Serpent Statue should not stop channeling Soothing Mist when the player does, unless Ancient Mistweaver Arts is active.
- Soothing Mist should no longer fail to cast when repeatedly applied.
- Divine Steed is now granted to all Paladins at level 28.
- The new talent Cavalier is available to be chosen at level 30 (Holy), 60 (Protection), and 90 (Retribution). This replaces Blessing of Salvation for Protection Paladins.
- Cavalier grants two charges to Divine Steed.
- When an adversary prevents a Priest from using Holy spells, Dispel Magic and Shackle Undead are properly locked out for the length of the interrupt effect.
Dungeons and Raids
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some players’ raid lockouts from being reset as intended.
- Increased the adjusted item level of players in Burning Crusade and Cataclysm Timewalking dungeons.
- Fixed a bug that caused the map to be unviewable in Temple of Atal’hakkar (Sunken Temple).
- Throne of Thunder
- Lei Shen again charges conduits when he is close to them.
- Morta'gya the Keeper in Hinterlands should now spawn again about a minute after being killed.
- Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, and Death Knight pets have been trained to move around more smoothly and better adjust to player pathing when the player is moving.
- Winter Hyacinth is now able to be looted for the quest “A Worthy Weapon”.
- Clawing Shadows damage reduced by 25%. PvP damage unchanged.
- Scourge Strike now deals both physical and shadow damage to multiple targets when the Unholy Death Knight is standing in their own Death and Decay.
- Displacer Beast will apply its speed buff even if Dash is active (they do not stack).
- Fixed a bug which allowed certain macros to bypass the cooldown on returning to the same Shapeshift form you just shifted out of.
- Raptor Strike will now correctly apply Viper Sting or Scorpid Sting based on the talent chosen.
- Dragonsfire Grenade now deals damage starting on impact.
- Binding Shot now gives the affected target immunity from Binding Shot for 10 seconds, as intended.
- The tooltip for Aspect of the Eagle has been corrected to reflect the bonus the spell provides. In addition, the bonus provided by Aspect of the Eagle now stacks with mastery.
- (Work in progress) Flame Patch damage has been significantly reduced. A previous hotfix to solve a bug with Flame Patch not dealing damage while the Mage was casting effectively increased its performance, and today’s change returns it to approximately the intended performance level.
- Blackout Kick should not have a cooldown for Windwalker Monks at any level.
- Blackout Strike’s cooldown is now correctly reduced by Haste.
- The tooltip for Judgment no longer incorrectly states that it hits 2 additional targets for paladins without Greater Judgment.
- Shield of the Righteous is now available at level 24.
- Phantom Singularity damage has been doubled.
- Rain of Fire should no longer close your loot window when it does damage.
- Whirlwind now hits the correct number of extra targets when modified by Meat Cleaver.
- Focused Rage is now learned at level 44 (was 52).
- The Garrison Strategic Assault options should again be properly randomized from day to day.
- During “To the Rescue!”, Brutusk should no longer stop before completing his path.
- Linen-Wrapped Book can now be interacted with by multiple players at a time during the quest “Grandma’s Lost It Alright”.
- Lockboxes can again be opened via Pick Lock in the “will not be traded” section of the trade window.
- Galleon and Oondasta now respawn after 15 minutes.
- Many missing fish have been returned, and players can again fish in the Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Blood Elf, and Draenei starting zones.
- Corrected an issue that could cause players in mixed-server groups to periodically warp back to recent locations (aka “rubberbanding”).
- The visual effect of Voidform is now correctly applying to player mounts with Glyph of Shadowy Friends learned.
- Glyph of Shadowy Friends no longer allows Holy and Discipline Priests to be shadowy.
- The amount of life absorbed by Soul Leech is lowered by Dampening, as intended.
- Intercept now unlocks at level 28, allowing players to spec into Safeguard at level 30.
Dungeons and Raids
- Lost City of Tol’vir
- Lockmaw can again be looted, and Augh no longer harasses you after the encounter.
- Pit of Saron
- Toxic Waste should again be visible on the ground.
- Toys that were quest rewards, but deleted before being added to your collection, have been added to your collection.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some classes from being able to roll Need on some spec-appropriate items.
- Joao Calhandro went missing, but is now back on his bench at the mage tower in Stormshield.
- In Ashran, guardians for Warlock Gateways can no longer be Mind Controlled.
- Legion Strike, Judgment of Light, and Mortal Wounds no longer display on nameplates.
- The Ashran event Brute’s Rise should only display one icon on the mini-map.
- Corrected several issues that could cause players who were grouped in the same party to incorrectly be placed in different versions of the same zone.
- Hunters are no longer able to capture/assault objectives in PvP while they have Aspect of the Turtle active.
- Conjure Refreshment now has a 15-second cooldown.
- The Deathrattle Regalia 4-piece bonus for Demonology Warlocks now grants a 2% chance for your Wild Imps' Felfire Bolt to summon a demon (was 8%).
Dungeons and Raids
- All bosses and some other mobs in the Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons have had their melee damage reduced by 30%.
- The target average item level that players now scale to in Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons has been increased.
- Grimrail Depot
- Grimrail Technicians now correctly activate the Iron Stars after taking damage.
- Pit of Saron
- The ground visual for Icy Blast should once again match the actual radius of the effect.
- The experience awarded for finishing Skyreach has been reduced to an amount that is similar to other Draenor dungeons.
- The Illustrious Guild Tabard and Renowned Guild Tabard should again provide an appropriate boost to guild reputation when equipped.
- The following items were erroneously converted from mail to plate, and have now been converted back to mail, as they're intended to be used by mail classes:
- Savage Plate Tunic
- Savage Plate Boots
- Savage Plate Pauldrons
- Invulnerable Plate
- Fiery Plate Girdle
- The missing auctioneers Shei’ann Younghoo and Shon Younghoof has been returned to Warspear.
- Players are no longer immune to all damage when positioned in a Battleground graveyard that belongs to the opposing faction.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some players who earned the Warmongering Gladiator and Wild Gladiator titles from receiving their titles. GGWP.
- Wandering Vindicator’s Light of Truth healing debuff no longer remains active on players who leave Draenor.
- Players who obtain the Pandaren Monk pet are no longer erroneously awarded the Achievement: Collector’s Edition: Panda.
Epidemic now strikes a up to 20 nearby targets, and each AoE detonation strikes up to 6 nearby targets. (Work in progress.)
Frost Bomb now procs on the impact of Ice Lance that benefits from Shatter, rather than on cast.
Blessing of Sanctuary is now correctly removing stun, fear, horror, and silence effects from targets.
- Soul Leech functions as expected and does not break when the Warlock levels up or moves into a new zone.
Dungeons and Raids
- In Naxxramas, Zombie Chows no longer continue spawning after Gluth is killed.
- Using the Soft Foam Sword should no longer cause trinkets to activate.
- The following items were previously and erroneously converted from mail to plate, and have now been converted back to mail, as they're intended to be used by mail classes:
- Storm Gauntlets
- Helm of the Great Chief
- Earthpeace Breastplate
- Radiant Belt
- Radiant Breastplate
- In Draenor, mining and herbalism nodes are no longer able to be looted by multiple people at once. (This hotfix requires server restarts.)
- In PvP, Restoration Shamans now have 13% more Intellect, 50% more Armor, 50% less Critical Strike, and 70% more Mastery.
- In PvP, Restoration Shamans have the following talent changes:
- Rippling Waters now heals for 175% of Spell Power (was 25000 health).
- Earth Shield now procs its heal when the target takes at least 10% of their total health (was 15%).
- Earth Shield now heals 325% of Spell Power (was 300%).
- Spirit Link now casts instantly, has a 20 second duration (was 30 seconds), and has a 60 second cooldown (was 45 seconds).
- Spirit Link now requires 1 close target (was 2).
- The Wardrobe menu should no longer show you weapon enchants that are unobtainable.
- Players can again earn "Fire in the Hole!" by stepping on six Superheated Crawler Mines during the encounter and then defeating Iron Juggernaut in Siege of Orgrimmar.
- Players should now receive a Feat of Strength for all of the Collector's Edition and BlizzCon Battle Pets.
- Corrected bugs that caused many ranged player abilities (examples: Sidewinders, Black Arrow, Death Coil) to auto-acquire a nearby target if used without an enemy targeted.
Flurry now properly activates the Bone Chilling talent.
Fixed a bug that was closing the loot window when Frozen Orb dealt damage.
Fixed a bug that was interrupting player loot windows when Consecration was active.
Between the Eyes is longer resets the swing timer on auto-attacks.
- For Restoration Shamans, Healing Surge now heals for 20% more in PvP combat, Healing Wave heals for 35% more in PvP combat, and Healing Stream Totem heals for 25% more in PvP combat.
- Every Many for Himself can no longer be activated during crowd control effects it is not able to break.
Dungeons and Raids
- Removed the requirement to have completed Silver Proving Grounds in order to queue for Warlords of Draenor Heroic Dungeons.
- In Serpentshrine Cavern, Lady Vashj’s Coilfang Striders should no longer be able to consecutively fear players.
- Players can again interact with the Antediluvean Chest during the quest "The Secrets of Uldum".
- In many circumstances, camera shake has been reduced.
- Ashran raid leaders can no longer queue for dungeons or raids.
- Death Strike is now calculated at 45 Runic Power for purposes of abilities that base their functionality off of Runic Power spent.
- Restoration Affinity now properly increases the healing done by Rejuvination.
- Prowl and Dash can now be activated while the Druid is in Cat Form or Bear Form.
- The visual for Glyph of the Skullseye now properly disappears when the buff runs out.
- Mages are now able to purchase Mystical Tome: Arcane Linguist, Mystical Tome: Illusion and Familiar Stone from Endora Moorehead in Dalaran as intended.
- Chi Orbit is now only visible to the casting Monk and hostile players.
- The Jade Serpent Statue now properly assists the Monk when casting the Ancient Mistweaver Arts variant of Soothing Mist.
- Fixed a bug preventing Divine Steed from working at the proper level.
- Casting Riptide directly after a Chain Heal will now award two stacks of Tidal Waves.
- Drain Life and Drain Soul now consider Mechanicals to be valid targets.
- Anger Management should reduce the correct amount of the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry, with the corresponding amount of Rage spent by Execute.
- Pants and weapons are no longer changing appearances after entering Defensive Stance.
- In Razorfen Downs, Death Speaker Blackthorn and Amnennar the Coldbringer no longer respawn following their deaths.
- In Raid Finder, entering the second wing of Heart of Fear should place players in the proper instance with appropriate enemies spawned.
- Chef’s Hat again speeds up cooking.
- Invisible fist weapons are now eligible to be transmogrified.
- Razor Net Trap in Tanaan Jungle is now doing its intended amount of damage.
- Flawless Battle-Stone can be used on Enchanted Broom, as intended.
- The Hunter’s Call toy no longer summons any pets that can be battled.
- PvP templates now grant level 100 characters stats on par with item level 740 gear (up from 700 gear).
- “Slay Them All” now rewards gold and a Fel-Touched Crate of Battlefield Goods.
- “Ashran Dominance” now rewards gold, a Fel-touched Crate of Battlefield Goods, and a Mark of Honor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Big Pete in Hemet's Happy Hunting Grounds to become stuck and uninteractible.
- Lord Maxwell Tyrosus should now remain visible, allowing players to turn in "Argent Call: The Noxious Glade.
- The Twilight Sermon events are now properly initiating, allowing for the completion of the quests "Might of the Stonemaul" and "Might of the Sentinels".
- Kadrak is now present and the quest “Warchief’s Command: Ashenvale!” can be turned in.
- Restored some daily quests that had gone missing from the Molten Front.
Cold Weather Flying now costs 50 gold, and is automatically learned at level 80.
- Feral Affinity should increase the damage of Rake and Rip, as intended.
- Pets in the Oxen and Scalehide families now all have a basic attack.
- While the Flame Patch talent is active, it should tick during the casting and application of other spells.
- The talent Trail of Light should no longer incorrectly reduce the healing of Flash Heal.
- Chaos Bolt should no longer interfere with boss abilities when combined with the Reverse Entropy talent.
- Fixed a bug affecting the health of Warlock pets.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving loot from Draenor Mythic dungeon bosses depending on their loot settings.
- The monument awarded for the achievement "Chapter IV: Darkness Incarnate" is no longer missing.
- Crown of the Fire Festival should again appear as a valid transmogrification source if you’ve completed the quest “A Thief’s Reward”.
- The NPC Ultham Ironhorn is again available for Dwarf players attempting to complete "Learn To Ride".
- There are now Sunreaver Citizens available to complete the quest "It Starts in the Sewers"
- Players are now able to start and progress through the quest "Endgame".
- The quest “The Future of Rockpool” can again be completed.
- Mistcaller’s Charm, used to summon Mistcaller Yngvar for the quest "Mistcaller Yngvar", now functions properly.
- General Grimaxe should no longer despawn after he has dismounted during “Grimaxe’s Demise”.
- Players are now able to complete the quest “Unbroken Circle”.
- Halduron Brightwing should again allow players to turn in the quest "Journey to the Sunwell".
- Level 100 characters should be able to queue for Ashran via Group Finder.
- The NPCs who went missing from Hrothgar’s Landing have been returned.
- Players will now properly receive the Dungeon Preparation buff when entering a Timewalking dungeon.
- Level 90 boosts were temporarily disabled, and should be again useable.
- (Work in progress) Fixed multiple issues affecting WoW Token redemption.
Dungeons and Raids
- Enemies have been weakened in all encounters in Warlords of Draenor dungeons and Hellfire Citadel on all difficulties.
- Oregorger once again can hold a maximum of 100 Ore.
- Hellfire Citadel
- Gripping Shadows damage on Mannoroth reduced by 40% in Mythic difficulty.
- Overflowing Fel Energy damage on Mannoroth reduced by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
- Focused/Wrought Chaos damage on Archimonde reduced by 30% in Mythic difficulty.
- A number of items should no longer provide Legion materials when disenchanted.
- The Eagletalon Spear can be upgraded using Ancient Heriloom Scabbard, as intended.
- The questgiver Lord Maxwell Tyrosus should not disappear after you accept the quest “Argent Call: The Trial of the Crypt”.
- Malfurion Stormrage should be visible and interactive for Grove Warden turn-in quests, as intended.
- Corrected an issue that could reset progress on the Shipyard quest “Naval Domination” and restored previous quest progress.
- The Therazane quest “Controlling the Elements” should again be obtainable for characters who are level 80 and up, and have trained Enchanting.
- Characters who have a War Mill should now be able to accept quests for Seals of Inevitable Fate while they already have 10 or more Seals.
- (Work in progress) Fixed a bug that was preventing the Worgen quest “Endgame” from being available.
- Players should again be able to access Ashran and Ashran quests at level 100.
- Crown of the Fire Festival cannot be used as a transmogrification source.
- (Work in progress) Transmogrification items related to the Warcraft movie should be granted to players who logged in during the promotion.
- You should no longer be prompted to select Honor Talents until you reach level 110.
- Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest were temporarily missing from the random battleground playlist.
- (Work in progress) Cold Weather Flying should be granted to characters who previously obtained it.
- Dalaran (Northrend) should again have a Trade Chat channel.