It began with 32 teams going head-to-head over a series of four weekends—and now it’s come down to this. The top two teams from the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and China have earned a spot in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational Global Finals and a chance to claim their share of the $100,000 prize pool. All eight teams will now go head-to-head in a race to the finish until just one team is left: the Mythic Dungeon Invitational Global Champions!
The top two teams from each region will travel to the MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio to take part in the first ever Mythic Dungeon Invitational LAN event, broadcast live June 22–24. See the full schedule on the Mythic Dungeon Invitational site here.
We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players and the community over the course of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational, and we’ve made a few additional changes to shake things up for the finals.
- Keystone levels are going even higher. Competitors will take on +23, +24, and +25 as the bracket progresses.
- All three Affixes are locked in per map.
- Maps have been shuffled between the map pools.
- To keep things interesting, we’ve shuffled some of your favorite affixes to keep competitors on their toes.
- We’ve reintroduced Skittish and added some additional variety overall.
- Artifact Weapons now scale up to 995.
We’ve also revisited some of our policies regarding how we handle potential in-game bugs and issues.
- With the event occurring via LAN with players on-site, verifiable technical issues such as hardware failures or internet instability may result in a remake, depending on the impact and severity of the issue.
- If an in-game bug or issue occurs that prevents a player from being able to continue play due to game physics, such as getting stuck in terrain, a remake will be called.
- Issues that will not lead to a restart include: creatures evading or resetting, hitting the wrong target with spells or melee attacks, or buffs/debuffs being applied incorrectly.
A lot is on the line at the MDI Global Finals, and we look forward to having you tune in for this historic first Mythic Dungeon Invitational LAN competition!
But that’s not all we have in store. We’re excited to reveal that there’s even more on the line.
We’re excited to announce the Mythic Dungeon Invitational All-Stars, a special live exhibition tournament that summons some of the best dungeon-running teams from around the globe to BlizzCon 2018! We’re bringing the worlds of the MDI and the WoW Arena World Championship together in Anaheim for the first time ever, and WoW esports fans are in for a truly epic weekend.
The top four teams from the MDI Global Finals will be invited to the MDI All-Stars, where they’ll tackle the newest Battle for Azeroth dungeons live on stage in front of thousands of attendees and esports fans watching online. This will be the first MDI tournament to feature Battle for Azeroth, so get ready for a whole new set of dungeons, bosses, and cunning strategies.
If your favorite team doesn’t make it to the All-Stars event, don’t worry—this will just be the start of the MDI competition for the new expansion. After Battle for Azeroth launches later this year, we’ll share more information on our MDI plans, including the full schedule and format of the All-Stars event and how to compete in future events. Stay tuned!