The festivities have begun as the citizens of Azeroth and Outland celebrate the hottest of seasons by playing with fire! You'll also be able to compete for the gold during the Spirit of Competition.
When: July 23–August 8
Where: Located Capital Cities
Midsummer Fire Festival
Across Azeroth and Outland, brilliant bonfires have been lit to rekindle peoples’ spirits and ward off ancient evils. Each year, new guardians are chosen to watch over the sacred flames and ensure that they are never extinguished.
Called "Flame Keepers" or "Flame Wardens," these chosen few request the aid of brave adventurers to traverse the land and journey into the dark recesses of Azeroth's dungeons. It is rumored that any heroes who are willing to brave the terrors placed before them will be rewarded for their efforts through the power of the flames.
The festivities have begun as the citizens of Azeroth and Outland celebrate the hottest of seasons by playing with fire all across their worlds! Stop by a capital city to begin the event’s main quests. While in each of the capital cities, be on the lookout for enemy players; stealing the flames from capital city bonfires. Through your participation in festival quests, you'll collect Burning Blossoms, a special holiday currency you’ll spend to purchase various items and pets available from Midsummer suppliers and merchants.
- Burning Blossoms–By Fire Be Blessed: Complete quests to earn Burning Blossoms then throw them into the bonfires to receive the buff, "Fire Festival of Fury" which increases melee/spell critical chance by 3% for 1 hour.
- Seasonal Boss: The Frost Lord Ahune: Head to the Slave Pens dungeon in the Coilfang Reservoir to do battle with Ahune, the Frost Lord. Once Ahune is defeated, you'll be able to loot his special rewards including epic-quality loot.
- Dance Around the Ribbon Pole: At every festival camp, one of these traditional decorations stands tall beside the bonfire. Take up one of the multi-colored ribbons and dance around the pole with your friends and fellow celebrants for a 10% experience buff!
- Stealing The Flames: Members of the Horde and Alliance can visit the bonfires of the opposing faction and steal them, depriving their enemies of the blessings of the fire spirits! Take care, because each side will defend its own flames.
- Fire Juggling: Speak with the Master Fire Juggler near your capital's bonfire in order to juggle flaming torches in this daily quest!
- Fire in the Sky: The lengthy Midsummer Fire Festival traditionally ends with the sky itself being set alight on the last night of the festival. You won't want to miss it!
Spirit of Competition
The Spirits of Competition have drawn close to the mortal realm. During such times members of both the Alliance and Horde can honor the spirits and earn Competitor's Tabards by seeking to defeat one another in the battlegrounds. For victory in competition, they can also earn the spirit's favor in the form of a prized gold medal—and the special pet it summons.
Going for Gold
To participate in the Spirits of Competition event, simply enter any battleground and do your best to help your team win. All participants will earn a special tabard honoring their competitive spirit. The Competitor's tabard is a rare item and can be seen on the commoners proclaiming the event. For each victory, you'll also have the chance of winning a gold medal as well for a special event-only pet. You'll receive these rewards in the mail. Continue winning battlegrounds for the duration of the event to increase your chances for the gold medal.