We’re thrilled to announce details for the second competitive dungeon one-off tournament of the year, as The Great Push returns for Season 2, December 10-12!
One of our core goals this year has been to push the boundaries of what competitive dungeon-running can look like, to look beyond the standard formats of the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) to see how we can expand PVE Competition. In May we introduced the first-ever The Great Push, challenging teams to push keystones as high as possible within a limited time, with community and player response exceeding what we could have hoped.
For Season 2 we are evolving The Great Push to make it even better than before! We’re once again asking teams to push Keystones across six dungeons; in addition to four from Shadowlands, we are time walking all the way back to Legion for the remaining two! While only six teams will make it to the main event and compete for their share of the $20,000 (USD) prize pool, all registered teams that complete under time the two dungeons within the Proving Grounds will receive the exclusive Tormented Banner of the Opportune to use in-game! Read on for everything you need to know, including exciting changes, to compete in The Great Push Season 2 and show everyone you are the best dungeon-running team in the world:
*If on the WoW Companion app, head to the official website to see the Banner in-game!
How The Great Push Works
- Any team of five players can register to compete on Gamebattles.
- Teams will compete in the initial qualifier phase, the Proving Grounds, on December 3-5, where teams will be given two dungeon keystone combinations to push to the highest difficulty they can reach on the tournament realm.
- The top six teams from the qualifier will be invited to the main tournament, where they will compete across the different Shadowlands and Legion dungeons to push their keystones as high as possible.
- Four dungeons will be revealed at the start of Day 1;
- One more dungeon will be revealed at the start of Day 2;
- The final dungeon will be revealed at the start of Day 3.
- To keep the stakes high, the bottom team at the end of each day will be eliminated, resulting in only four teams advancing to Day 3 and their shot at the championship.
- The winning team will be the one who has the highest overall score for dungeons pushed and will be crowned the champion.
- There are no pre-requisites required to play in the tournament, teams can sign up for The Great Push Season 2 until Monday, November 29!
The tournament will be broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch, and players will be able to stream their perspectives during the tournament, including their time in the Proving Grounds. You can choose to follow your favorite team and players while keeping up with the casters for the overall standings throughout the weekend.
Meanwhile, be sure to tune in to the MDI Global Finals where teams will battle for $300,000 USD on October 29-31, only on YouTube. Don’t forget to follow the WoW Esports Twitter for all the updates, memes, and mind-blowing content you could dream of. We’ll see you in the Dungeon Finder!